Monday, May 10, 2010

Certificate Module 3, Chapter 13 - Artist Research - Artist Of My Choice

Artist of my choice......I don't have any training in art history.  I could have persevered and tried my hand at researching, but seeing as this module has taken me 2 years, 9 months and 7 days to complete, I decided enough was enough, cut it short.

I did a Google search of "artists who work in spirals" and came across these two sites that I thought were rather different and fun.  Both following the "spiral" theme in their creations.


Robert Smithson created an earthwork "Spiral Jetty" in 1970.






I'm really not sure how I stumbled upon the following, but the address came up as:
www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/how-tuesday-circle-spiral-applique-7357/
I certainly could not have found this on purpose!

The following four attachments are from an article on a book recently published by 
Natalie Chanin
The spiral appliques are fun in a delicate "don't wash me" sort of way.  However, they lead to all sorts of other possibilities for clothing and accessories.......machine appliques, spiral cords, beading, monoprinting, stamping.















No comments:

Post a Comment